Who Else Wants The Definitive Guide on Spring Summer 2011 Trends? Part 2

by Arash Mazinani on January 25, 2011

So this is part 2 of my spring summer 2011 trend guide. If you missed part one of the trend guide then definitely go back and check out, otherwise you’ll be missing out on some of the key trends. These guides are really a heads up for what’s going to be hitting the stores right about now. Even if you’re not a fan of the full on designer interpretation of the trend, you still need to know what’s key for this season as it will determine what clothes appear on the high street. So I’m not going to mess around any longer, let just get straight into it shall we?

Modern Romance

Along with the longer length of skirts this season so the softening of silhouettes and a return to the romance of delicateness.

Dolce & Gabbana - style.com

Nude

If you’re one that want’s a break from the seasons brights then you’ll be happy to know nude is also key for this season. If you want to do the head to toe look try breaking it up with a change in fabrics. Also a tan is not a necessity for this look as the nude tones look better against paler skin.

Hermes - style.com

Tangerine

Contrasting to the last trend, nude, with tangerine make sure you have tanned toned legs. These youthful, zesty tones were all over the catwalk and will be a big favourite for those itching to experiment with some colour. As always if it’s too bold for you just try adding it in with some accents via accessories.

Etro - style.com

Modern Craft

This is in reference to the tassels, feathers and appliques that you could find adorned on many a piece on the catwalks.

Roberto Cavalli - style.com

Intense Blue

Another striking hue that was all over the catwalk for spring summer 2011. Oceanic hues will be another favourite for those wanting to add some colour. Again if you want to tone it down use it sparingly or try partnering it with black, which will soften the impact of the colour.

Mulberry - style.com

Gathering

Pleats, gatherings and delicate draping added texture and movement to the catwalk this season.

House of Holland - style.com

Fiesta

As well as the far east there was also a latin spirit that had inspired many a collection on the runway this spring summer. Full skirts and peasant blouses could be found at Marc Jacobs & Moschino among others.

Marc Jacobs - style.com

Denim

Denim is back this time with an aim to expand from it’s casual comfort zone with skirt suits and tailored jackets. Jeans for this season are all about looser cuts belted at the waist.

Elie Tahari - style.com

So that it’s for spring summer 2011, just a few more honourable mentions before I do wrap it up. Headscarves are one of this seasons key accessories and if you’re looking for a pair of sunglasses it’s all about bright perspex frames in exaggerated shapes for spring summer 2011.

Again, I’d love to hear about the trends you love or hate?

I now have a Facebook fan page as well which you can check out here, I’d love it if you could share the love.

Kim January 25, 2011 at 4:21 pm

Love: the first three!! Nude is one of my favorites, I think those ‘colors’ are so sophisticated and pretty!
I don’t feel a lot of hate for the other trends :)

Kathryn January 25, 2011 at 5:10 pm

I love that tangerine is a staple color this Spring. In east Tennessee, orange has always been a color sought after (considering the University of Tennessee Volunteers- my school!), but it’s always been so hard to find cute clothes in that shade. Too bright, and you’ll look like glowing carrot. Too dull, and you’ll just look blah. It’s hard to find that perfect medium. Needless to say I’m looking forward to seeing this color popping up more in stores and online! xo

Kathryn

Katy Rose January 25, 2011 at 8:12 pm

I am definitely looking forward to the bold blue trend and the crazy pleats. Not sure how I’ll wear them yet, but that blue is an amazing color on so many women that it is bound to be everywhere. Although, I haven’t gotten into the nudes because they always make me look so washed out and sickly – even with a tan. – Katy

chouchou January 25, 2011 at 8:45 pm

clothes that have a girly touch are my favorite clothes – sometimes i also like to wear more “man clothes” like oversized shirts or sweaters. the blue and orange color in the pictures are colors that will be very fashion this spring. even though they look stunning, i guess i need some courage to wear them ;)

Joy D. January 26, 2011 at 1:24 am

Great advice. I like your ideas. They helped me save a lot of trouble rather than looking to magazines or stylists with “in the know” ideas.

Fashion Limbo January 26, 2011 at 12:33 pm

I really need to give the nude trend a go….I’m always uncomfortable with lighter shades as I’m very pale with dark hair, so I avoid them without giving them a chance.

That tangerine shade is amazing, very warm and powerful. It’s nice to see colour making a comeback :)

Good round-up :D

Arash Mazinani January 26, 2011 at 2:01 pm

Nice to hear from you guys, seems to be a lot of love for the brights and the nude. Which I can see why as they’re all wearable colours. Thanks for coming through and commenting :-)

Tashrin January 26, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Modern romance is definitely my favourite trend in this article. So feminine and perfect for the scorching summer days. :)

Look forward to hearing from you

Love

Tashrin – A Toronto based personal style blog

Heather January 26, 2011 at 4:25 pm

AH! I want it to be spring RIGHT NOW! I’m in love with pretty much all the trends this spring season! The bright colors, nudes, lace, pleats, YES YES YES!!!

Arash Mazinani January 28, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Ha Ha, I’m looking forward to warmer weather that’s for sure!

kristy January 26, 2011 at 7:19 pm

hey arash! loving your guide and will definitely be going to check out part 1 as well. i cannot WAIT for spring to start hitting the stores. i already have a long list of coveted items incorporating many of the trends. and i just love the general mood, feel and attitude of this coming season. so great! love your exquisite and thorough understanding of it!!! =)

thanks for the amazing comment you left on my Full Time Fabulous post. it’s so lovely to meet you and i’m looking forward to getting to know you and your blog better.

Kristy Eléna – Full Time Fabulous
Vogue Gone Rogue
Twitter: @kristyelena

Arash Mazinani January 28, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Awww thanks for coming through and commenting Kristy I’ll be sure to pop back and check out your blog again shortly.

Fee January 26, 2011 at 10:52 pm

Think I like all the trends of part 2!

Thanks so much for the guides, it has really taken the headache out of trying to translate all the collections and giving up due to bordom.

I now have a good idea of what I will be looking to buy for spring.

Fee x

Madeleine January 27, 2011 at 2:44 pm

awww, I am such a romantic. Softer silhouettes and delicate touches is right up my alley.
-Madeleine

THE-LOUDMOUTH January 31, 2011 at 10:14 pm

I’m obsessed with the nude color; I have so much of it in my wardrobe!

The-Loudmouth.com
Twitter @theloudermouth
Valentine Blog Event

Arash Mazinani February 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Thanks for the comment.

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} February 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm

That Dolce & Gabbana dress under Modern Romance is making me swoon. I love any look or trend that allows me to embrace my inner girlie girl to the fullest extent!

Arash Mazinani February 23, 2011 at 8:44 am

Thanks for commenting Sarah it’s great to have you aback :-).