Heels and Nail Polish

by Arash Mazinani on March 22, 2011

I don’t really express my personal opinion on my blog as much as other bloggers tend to, I’m usually giving advice or reporting on something. But after the passionate comment V left on the post “how many buttons do I leave open on my shirt?” I decided to change that a little. For those that have not read the post and the comments left, V discussed her dislike of men that choose to go overboard with the manscaping or worse completely wax it. Her reasoning was because she felt men were more masculine with chest hair. You’re probably thinking what has this got to do with heels and nail varnish and why am I discussing it in a post for the ladies? Well that post inspired me to share with you guys a couple of things that I love on the female form. Nothing screams femininity more than these.

Heels

I don’t if this stems from my days selling designer shoes but I love to see women in heels. As high as one can walk in (there’s nothing sexy seeing someone trying to waddle along). I just love the aesthetic design they’re just so much more exciting than men’s shoes. Not only that but heels, although can cause pain for the wearer, tone the legs and derriere making them look even more beautifully sculpted.

Nail Varnish

This is a bug bare of mine, I hate seeing women with scruffy chipped nail varnish. You could be the most stunning looking girl in the world but as soon as I spotted chipped nail varnish I’d be turned off. I don’t mean like if it’s been nicked and some has chipped off. But rather when it’s left almost to decompose, it’s like the wearer is too cheap to buy nail varnish remover. Again though pretty nails are sign of femininity. To me as well it also is a sign that the person cares about the little details which is so important…. so there you have it… heels and nails polish.

GRIT & GLAMOUR March 22, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Ha! I LOVE it!

Thanks for the mention, and your response on the button question. And thanks for posting this…I’ve been trying to tell ladies for ages that men prefer heels, and they DO notice if a woman has gross “decomposing” nail polish (love that). That’s a huge peeve of mine too. I’m even more floored when fashion bloggers allow their chipped digits to be photographed for their blogs. Lord, just take it off! It’s not that hard, or expensive!

PS: Explanation of why you always have to approve my comments coming tomorrow. And yippee! Getting closer to iPad 2 day for you!

••V••
@gritandglamour

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:29 pm

certainly, I always notice it when a girls nail polish is scruffy. I know I’m hoping I get one on launch day may have to queue :-s.

chouchou March 22, 2011 at 8:25 pm

i’m not really a person who wears high heels, because I don’t feel myself in them. first of all, they are uncomfortable, and second they are uncomfortable ;) of course, they (most of them) look nice and your legs are long and sexy.. i do have some sort of heels, if you count 4cm as a heel! have a great week!

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:33 pm

I know not everyone is into heels, to be honest my gf wears them only if she goes out. I know they’re not for everyone.

heather March 22, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I’ll be the first to admit it I’m that girl that lets her nail polish chip. I’m often to lazy to really keep up on my nail polish PLUS nail polish never stays long enough on my nails. I tend to keep it on till I get sick of looking at it or finally have the time to sit down and actually take it off. It’s so funny that you brought up high heels. I wear heels almost every day and every day at work I get comments from woman and men about how high my heels are and how do I walk in them. Even on days where I don’t were my sky high heels I get the comments. Honestly, I hate it. I hate getting those comments, please just tell me your shoes are fab or something. It drives me nuts! I love that you love high heels and respect us woman that can trot along in them. :D

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Yeah I think people should compliment the shoes rather than comment on how you walk in them

Beautifully Invisible March 22, 2011 at 9:21 pm

Is it strange that I can’t remember a time when I WASN’T wearing heels of some sort? My mom put me in low heels and skirts when all the other girls were wearing sneakers and jeans. I think it must have been a European thing – they seem to start wearing heels earlier over there, at least in the former Yugoslavia they did!

I wear heels so often now that it actually hurts when I have to wear flats (which doesn’t happen often). The higher the better for me!

I agree about the nail polish as well. It doesn’t take that long to get rid of it so i don’t understand why people don’t do it more often!

Great posts Arash.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:57 pm

It’s weird how the foot can end up hurting unless you actually wear heels. I used to know a girl like that wearing heels all the time curved her arches really highly.

Katy March 22, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Completely agree with the heels! They just give that great edge and polished look to a lady. But better go with flats if you can’t rock the heeled look. I hate seeing women waddling along because they don’t know how to step properly in a high heel. – Katy

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:58 pm

definitely agree, heels always finish off an outfit nicely.

Eboni Ife' | The Fashionista Next Door March 22, 2011 at 9:43 pm

couldn’t agree more about the heels! They just accentuate a woman’s legs just right! When i wanna feel sexy, a great pair of heels is such a no brainer.

Also, couldn’t agree with you more about the nail polish. We are all busy and I get that it’s hard to make time for all the small things, but “deteriorating nail polish” (ha!) is kinda just a mess! You can get little nail polish wipes to keep in your purse from target and worst case scenario you can slap on a coat of clear in between manicures.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Thanks for the tip now anyone reading this blog cannot say they don’t have time to take off their nail varnish.

asteria March 22, 2011 at 9:52 pm

haha, i love your take on the decomposing nail polish! I too, can’t stand the look of it on people (seriously, it only takes around 3 minutes to remove them!). I’ve been a heels-lover for as long as I can remember, but I was fortunate to be born tall, and most of my friends are short (girls AND guys), and they ALWAYS complain whenever I wear heels. Most of the time, I just laugh it off, but occasionally I secretly feel sorry for the guys who appear to be SO much shorter when standing next to me in my 7-12cm heels :P

I’m going to ask you to voice out your male opinion, do short guys feel inferior when standing next to a confident, much taller female?

Fuyume March 23, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I wanna know the answer to this one too seeing as I’m 5ft11 and I love wearing heels :)

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:49 pm

As I said to madison, I actually like tall girls in heels, I think they should rock heels just like anyone else, celebrate their height rather than shy away from it.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 8:00 pm

That would depend on the guy, but personally I like tall girls to wear heels, it really doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

Verychiclist March 22, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Well, my opinion on all the subject :)

men shirts: no more than 2 buttons open in general, for professional meetings nothing, thin tie and shirt.
about men’s chest hair: has to be very short otherwise is vulgar, should say a woman repellent :) together with thin feminine eyebrows on men, are not terrible?!ahah
Arash: you could write about men repellent things :)
I totally agree about heels, I don’t like very long nails, trim but not very long.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Thanks for your comment :-)

Fashnlvr March 23, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I agree – I love the look of heels and I just don’t feel like myself when I am “flat.” A car with a flat just limps along and so do I! Ha! If you’re one of those that can’t walk well in them – practice around the house until you get the hang of it.

Nail polish: I love the look of polished nails but I hate it when they start to chip – which usually happens around day two for me. You are totally right – don’t photograph your chipped nails.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:43 pm

lol nice comparison with a car thanks for commenting.

Esther June 7, 2013 at 1:50 am

Definitely wear heels around the house to master the art of wearing heels. Though wearing heels sort of came naturally to me (how does that even happen?) I wore them as soon as I got off the bus from school when in high school. Also try to wear them when running errands- this way you can practice walking in the city, on pavements and such.

I find wearing heels automatically makes me move and feel more graceful and feminine.

Arash Mazinani June 8, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Thanks for commenting Esther have you got any tips you can share with my readers on how to walk in heels? Possibly even write a guest post on it?

Kathryn March 23, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Yes! I L-O-V-E this post!! That makes me so happy to hear that a man loves polished nails and high heels! These are two of my very favorite things as well. The picture you posted is positively stunning of the Louboutin’s. And one of my pet peeves is chipped/decomposing nail polish too. I hate it when girls don’t take 2 minutes out of their day to take it off. I mean, I hate not having my nails painted, but it’s better to go bare than have 2 week old polish hardly clinging on! Great post!! xo

Kathryn

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:47 pm

I agree I’d rather someone not paint their nails than have it all chipped off, it just looks all scruffy in my opinion.

Madison March 23, 2011 at 8:34 pm

I love heels, although I do try my best not to pass 4″ since Im already tall, but love them. Even with a so-so outfit heels can make all of the difference. yes, I agree The worse thing to see is chipping nails. Nice post!

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:48 pm

Thanks for your comment madison. Yeah I still don’t mind tall girls in heels I know some feel more self conscious but I think they shouldn’t shy away from heels.

Fuyume March 23, 2011 at 8:44 pm

Lol! Love this post I’d like to read more male opinions on female fashion. Although I wear heels for me and not for male attention but that’s the feminist in me.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I’ve got a similar post coming up soon about something else…

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} March 24, 2011 at 1:16 am

I need to say a big THANK YOU for helping me to justify my sky-high heel addiction! Haha I agree, the higher the better, so long as you can still manage to walk in them without waddling. Heels instantly make me feel more glamourous and beautiful. It may sound odd, but heels so high it’s like I’m walking on my tiptoes make me feel almost like a delicate ballerina. Thankfully, I’m on the shorter side and my boyfriend is more than a foot taller than me which is my other favorite excuse for finding the highest heel heights I can.

Arash Mazinani March 24, 2011 at 7:52 pm

Ha Ha I’m sure you didn’t need any excuse to wear heels with this post or with out it. You’re definitely a lover of killer heels as you’re never with out them in your posts.

Fabienne Jach March 24, 2011 at 10:36 pm

This morning as I was dashing out the door in a hurry for an 8:30 meeting, I noticed my nail polish had started showing signs of wear. Not having time to address it, I threw remover and cotton balls in my purse to address the issue the minute my meeting was over. How funny is that? I then proceeded to have a conversation with a co-worker in the ladies’ room about the absolutely ghetto nature of chipping nail polish.

This strong opinion coming from a woman who rarely paints her nails purely out of convenience. They may not often have polish on them and I may have to keep them short because of snowboarding but they always look nice. Strong emphasis on “always”!

I would totally rock a high heel if I could, too. I push it every once in a while and wear a heel of some sensible kind, one does what one can. On the other hand, in my opinion, sexy points immediately go into the negative if a woman cannot actually walk well in her heels. An awkward waddle is never in style! How’s that for some additional opinions!

f
The House in the Clouds

Arash Mazinani March 27, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I agree, if you can’t walk in your heels then don’t go for skyscrapers just lower the heel height otherwise it does look weird. Another pet hate of mine is shoes that blatantly are a size too big.

Michelle March 25, 2011 at 8:40 am

Gorgeous yellow heels- and totally agree re. cracked nail polish!

x
Michelle

Arash Mazinani March 27, 2011 at 9:50 pm

thanks for your comment michelle

Becca April 5, 2011 at 4:48 am

Oh yes, I do love heels as well–

Arash Mazinani April 5, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Linz April 5, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Heels are definitely sexy! I always feel hotter when I wear them!!

And this is exactly why I don’t even paint my fingernails…I know that I don’t have time to take care of chipping and it happens so quickly. So maybe it isn’t as pretty, but I just buff mine and let them look natural and shiny.

psbtw, I came over from Modly Chic…looking forward to checking out more posts from you. Cheers!

Arash Mazinani April 5, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Buffed nails are just as good… as long as they look good and clean and tidy that is the main point.

Linz April 5, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Oh, forgot to mention…I’m in total agreement with the heel height being “as high as one can walk in.” I see these poor souls out there, clunking along and stomping, and to me it is like nails on a chalkboard when I see them. I literally cringe and hope they don’t fall. And is it just me or does it seem to be the tall skinny ones who can’t handle the heels? The sight of these women is so oddly terrifying.

Arash Mazinani April 5, 2011 at 6:10 pm

The worst thing is though I see people with shoes that are too big for them. Some of them have a good half an inch between the back of their foot and the back of the shoe, so it’s no wonder they find it difficult to walk in them.